contemplation (noun)- thoughtful observation; full or deep consideration; reflection;
It’s winding down to that time of year again. Summer’s just around the corner and I can barely wait. Only about 12 more days of school left and I am longing to forget about school and just jump into the days of summer awaiting me. Tonight I was procrasinating like I shouldn’t be and I was deep in thought. In other words I was simply contemplating. I ponder a lot of things at times. This was what was on my mind:
1. This summer I would really like to post more frequently which will consequently be easier to do with no school etc.
2. Sometimes my mouth gets me into trouble. Honestly I’m praying that I will think and watch what I do and say. Thinking of God before acting, saying, and anything and everything else will always propel you in the right direction.
3. Prayer. I really want to get more on top of my prayer watch. I do believe that keeping a prayer journal might be a good idea. It would help me to reflect and remember to constantly pray for different people and events.
4. I want to read the whole Bible. I have tried several times before but to no avail. Sometimes I get stuck in Leviticus somewhere and then I miss a couple days and feel the need to start over at the beginning again. This summer I’m going to try to read the whole entire thing and I’m just going to keep on heading straight even if I miss a couple days.
5. My friendships. I’m not really the worrywart type but sometimes I stress over things. My friendships are something I hold very dear and close to my heart. I pray daily that I am a sufficient friend and that I only give to my friends the very best. Lately I feel that I’ve not exactly been doing this. I must watch my actions and be slow to judge.
6. I also worry too much about what people think of me. Lately I’ve been going down the sorry path of comparison. What someone wise once told me and I repeat to you is, “There will always be someone better and worse than you at everything.” These words are so very true. I pray that you will also work on keeping them close to your heart. The other day I read a quick devotion that had a great point to make. If you feel the urge to compare yourself to others then just compare yourself to God. It will boost your humility instead of your ego and it won’t tear anyone around you down.
Matthew 7:1-2 is a great verse:
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Those are just a few of the things I’m contemplating this Monday night.
Blessings to you all and I pray that God is doing great things with you,